- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast, fat trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) onion soup mix
- 3 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 cup s cola
- Toppings: sour cream, diced red onion, sliced green onions, diced avocado, shredded Cheddar cheese, choped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. In 5 to 6 quart saucepot, heat oil over high heat. Add beef and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Stir in soup mix, chili powder, and cumin. Reduce heat to low and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients, except toppings, and heat to simmering over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 40 to 45 minutes longer or until beef is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve chili with toppings of choice, if desired.