- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 medium jalapeno pepper, diced
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced fat milk
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Kosher salt, and ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
1. In large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add green onions and jalapeno, and cook 3 minutes. In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and cumin. Pour egg mixture into skillet and gently stir 3 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Remove from heat and season with salt, and pepper.
2. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter on griddle over medium heat. Place 2 tortillas on griddle and top each with 1/4 cup cheese, 1/2 the egg mixture, another 1/4 cup cheese and a second tortilla. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until tortillas are golden and cheese melts, turning quesadillas halfway through cooking. Cut each into quarters and serve topped with salsa, and sour cream.